Welcome to Chromatic, a map game based on colors! This map game's currently under construction, and it's probably going to take a while before players can actually play. However, we do have sign-ups and guidelines below.
Guidelines and rulesEdit
- The map game's phase will be one turn every five-to-seven days, with one year passing between turns.
- The game will begin in the year 1.
- The object of the game is to steer your nation to success, and have a load of fun in the process!
- The rules will always be in flux for a while, but currently, stick to your map-game intuition and type whatever seems reasonable.
- The map for select years will be posted alongside the year's roleplay/timeline.
- EDIT 25 June 2020: Forgot to mention: please sign your posts and make a subsection for your turn under the current year, it helps with organization.
As it looks like we've garnered enough support for this map game after nearly 12 months, it looks like we might just get some things started in here pretty soon. Plus, I'd like to add one thing - the nations are supposed to be the colors themselves, and not just take the colors listed on the map. I won't force you out of the names you've already taken the time to come up with, but remember this is a color-themed map game. =) Also, please sign your posts and make a subsection for your turn under the current year, that would help! Thanks. ~ Hdjensofjfnen 03:40, June 25, 2020 (UTC)
If you'd wish to join, please add your name under "Members"!
- ~ Hdjensofjfnen 06:13, July 9, 2019 (UTC)
- Any Map Game wiki moderator may intervene as they see fit
- Dominion of Light: A crumbling and shattering empire controlled by the moderator(s).
- Red: Bluepotato81(ummm, am I supposed to write country names or just my name?)
- Rose: Firza(Leader/Emperor: JohnTheEvil)(This world's equivalent of Switzerland)
- Azure: Kingdom of Hourglassea (Leader: Marrybore) - Monarchy dominated by wealthy aristocrats and intellectuals
- Orange: Privatist Republic of Rivastonia (pronounced riv-short a-st-on-long e-short a) (Leader: The EAS Mapper)
The Dominion of Light has been slowly crumbling over the past few centuries. Once a great marker of the advancement of chromatic civilization, it now stood in real danger of demise. It seemed that subclasses of colors, each wanting an individual identity, wished to gain independence, and with a series of corrupt leaders and poor choices, there seemed to be nothing to stop them from doing so. (TL;DR Any new signed country right now immediately announces independence from the Dominion of Light. Therefore, the map will not be posted until players join, sign up, and make a post.)
Privatist Republic of RivastoniaEdit
The Privatist Republic of Rivastonia, with its nations inside nation and no ruler ideology, declares independence from The Dominion of Light.
Empire of FirzaEdit
The Empire of Firza (a group of nations that want to back out of wars) declares independence from The Dominion of Light.
Kingdom of HourglasseaEdit
The Kingdom of Hourglassea (pronounced "Aurglahssee"), following a lengthy debate in its Parliament, decides to declare independence from the Dominion of Light. Prime Minister Lord Henry Hazzard declares the Dominion to be "a foul nation, which infiltrates our optic nerves and worms its way into our every crevice, enticing us with the utmost reflectivity. But no longer! We are slaves no more." Philosophers remark cynically that the aristocracy of Hourglassea are still slaves to tradition and to luxury, and shortly after Lord Henry Hazzard is assassinated.