- Note: not to be confused with "committee".
- mutual courtesy; civility.
- Also called comity of nations. courtesy between nations, as in respect shown by one country for the laws, judicial decisions, and institutions of another.
- Friendly social atmosphere.
- A social harmony group activities promoting comity bipartisan comity in the Senate.
- A loose widespread community based on common social institutions the comity of civilization.
- Comity of nations trans-Atlantic comity.
- The informal and voluntary recognition by courts of one jurisdiction of the laws and judicial decisions of another.
- Plural- comities.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.