- Note: not to be confused with "comity".
- (Archaic) A person to whom a charge or trust is committed to.
- A body of persons delegated to consider, investigate, take action on, or report on some matter an advisory committee; especially
- Agroup of fellow legislators chosen by a legislative body to give consideration to legislative matters The bill has been sent back to committee.
- A self-constituted organization for the promotion of a common object like the Olympic Committee the Northwest Wildlife Committee
- noun, plural committees.
- Also see: the Northern Ireland Affairs Commons Select Committee, Senate Judiciary Committee and House Intelligence Committee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.