- Tier 1 is the top level of military development. Tier 1 militaries are the most modern possible. It is possible for Tier 1 militaries to be moved down in the event of their failure to keep up with advancing technologies.
- Tier 2 is the next highest level of military development. Tier 2 militaries are fairly modern for the current time and are also quite large in comparison with others around the world, but are still behind Tier 1.
- Tier 3 is a moderate level of military development. Tier 3 militaries are not as modernised as their Tier 2 and Tier 1 counterparts. Tier 3 militaries can also be of medium size, and still would be able to effectively defend their country in the event of attack. For the purposes of war algorithm calculation, rebel armies fighting in civil wars are by default Tier 3.
- Tier 4 is the lowest level of military development. Tier 4 militaries are far behind their higher-level rivals in terms of technology and/or size. Tier 4 militaries probably would not have much tactical advantage in a war, and it is highly recommended that nations possessing Tier 4 militaries invest in improving them.
- Tier 5 A rag-tag under armed and poorly militia of little, if any use.
- Tier 6 Non-existant militaries
It is possible for a military to stand in between tiers, such as Tier 1.5 and so on.
Tier 1 Edit
Western Han Empire
Tier 1.5 Edit
Tier 2 Edit
Tier 2.5 Edit
Tier 3 Edit