Venezuela is a country on the northern coast of South America with diverse natural attractions.
Venezuela is a federal presidential republic consisting of 23 states, the Capital District of Caracas and federal dependencies.
- Capital: Caracas.
- Currency: Venezuelan Bolívar.
- Official language: Spanish.
- Other languages: English, Italian, German, Portuguese, French, Arabic and Native American languages in a few towns and villages.
- Religion: Roman Catholic and a few Native American cults in a few towns and villages.
- Top exports- Fruit, wood, oil, gas and rubber.
- Armed forces- 75,000. Mostly infantry and cavalry in 25+ light armoured cars or on horseback. Very little artillery, few aircraft and minimal navy beyond several old coastal defence gunboats.
- Population- 7,500,000.
- Rómulo Gallegos- 17 February 1948 -24 November 1948.
- Carlos Delgado Chalbaud- 24 November 1948-30 November 1950.
- Germán Suárez Flamerich- 30 November 1950 -2 December 1952.
- Marcos Pérez Jiménez 2 December 1952 23 January 1958
- Wolfgang Larrazábal 23 January 1958 14 November 1958
- Edgar Sanabria 14 November 1958 13 February 1959
- Rómulo Betancourt 13 February 1959 13 March 1964
- Raúl Leoni 13 March 1964 11 March 1969
- Rafael Caldera 11 March 1969 12 March 1974
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.